Words I Love to Use
February 9, 2015
By Jane Tawel
- Judeo-Christian –My husband gives me grief for how often I invoke this as world view propaganda
- Curiouser – Please read the book or you will just get curiouser and curiouser.
- Ubiquitous —I mean that word should be everywhere!
- Weltschmerz — Yes, I do realize you will need to google it.
- Uber – -Anything —Even when used alone for the Uber-ubiquitous company of said name, but also when used for Uber-happy, Uber-expensive, Uber-cat (cats always are)
- Schlock, schlep, schmooze, and schmuck —I did go to Brandeis after all.
- Catsup – pronounced as written, not like kech-up. Drives people crazy when I do that.
- Puberty – pronounced Pooh-ber-tee – that makes teenagers extremely uncomfortable just like their being in pooh-ber-tee makes their parents uncomfortable.. It makes the word sound as embarrassingly horrific as the state of being is.
- Obtuse – as in please don’t be.
- Smurf – as in “It is a smurfy day”.
- Gihugic (The Urban Dictionary absolutely counts as a dictionary)
- Epiphany (sounds so pretty, often isn’t)
- Radical – as in “That outfit is so radical on you.”
- Random – as in “Wow, that comment was so random.”
- Gustatory – love the word, love the action it describes
- Musicality — as in I love the musicality of the band Papa Roach (Gordon, am I right?)
- Bellissima! As you can see I am multi-lingual (oooh, that’s a cool word too)